A video which may be of use to aspiring costumiers is 100 years of Wedding Dresses in 3 minutes, which has been thoughtfully put together by mode.com. Starting off with an ornate lace dress complete with full gloves from 1915 to the present day slim, simple, capped sleeve design with a full length train to add the impact.
Wedding dress design and creation is a field in which several of CCAD’s costume interpretation with design alumni have followed, with great success. Because our costume degree offers a unique mix of skills including corsetry, millinery , embroidery and leatherwork, student find themselves with an established skills based which cannot be found on any other costume degree in the country. This has lead to graduates working on fabulous wedding dress comissions, as our storify feed below shows, or follow costume/wardrobe opportunities on tv and feature films including:
- Exodus: Gods and Kings, starring Christian Bale and directed by CCAD alumnus Sir Ridley Scott (20th Century Fox)
- Into the Woods, starring Meryl Streep (Disney)
- Sherlock Holmes, starring Benedict Cumberbatch (BBC)
- Wolf Hall, starring Damien Lewis (BBC)
- Lady Chatterley’s Lover (BBC)